ProductsSpecial ProductsHVDC Transmission Line Simulator
HVDC Transmission Line Simulator
The HVDC Transmission due to its advantages, like long distance transmission, interconnect different power systems (like 50Hz and 60Hz), more energy transmits than AC, less losses, make it essential for the students to study & understand the operation of HVDC. Vi Micro have introduced a trainer for this purpose “HVDC Transmission Line Simulator”
HVDC Transmission Line System consists of
- Generating Station Module
- Rectifier Station Module (SCR or IGBT Based)
- Simulated HVDC Transmission Line Module
- Inverter Station Module
- Loading Module
Generating Station Module
- It consists of a 3Φ, 415V Variable AC source, 1.5 KVA step up transformer, a Multifunction Meter (To measure various electrical parameters of
- generating side or sending end) & a Miniature Circuit Breaker.
- Earth Fault Relay is provided for protection against Earth Fault.
- The module is covered with metallic enclosure and sticker represents the prime operation of the module. Safety power plug-sockets are provided.
- Two nos of fully controlled SCR based bridge rectifiers provided to convert 3Φ AC to DC for HVDC transmission.
- Two 6 Pulse SCR bridges connected in series
- Can be configured as 12 Pulse Rectifier
- A 3Φ, 1.5KVA transformer with (Y) primary and dual (Δ, Y) secondary are provided to reduce harmonics
- The module is covered with metallic enclosure and sticker represents the prime operation of the module.